September 26, 2012

Entry 5: This one girl...

One thing I've noticed online is a lot of people keep their profiles very vague. This can be good, you don't want to give everything away, but your "About Me" section should contain something more than just "Ask me anything." If I'm going to go out of my way to message you, I need something to jump off from. No matter how good looking you are, a message consisting of "Hey." "What's up?" or "How was your day?" is never going to turn into a meaningful conversation. If you don't even know what I do for a living, how am I going to explain to you the details of my day?

This super vague answer gave me a weird feeling:


I don't care if you're speaking of your mom, sister, cousin, best friend, a teacher or your childhood dog. Just straight up answer the question! "This one girl" sounds an awful lot like an ex to me. It might not be, but then why phrase it that way? That doesn't make me want to ask about it, it makes me think you're hung up on someone else, and therefore not worth my time.

Weigh in: What do you think? Would this put you off if you read this in a man's profile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Let me know!